The AIPE/American Academy Foundation is accepting applications for the John C. Potts Leadership Development Scholarship to the 2017 NRPA Directors School. These scholarships honor former AAPRA Executive Director John Potts and are made possible through the generous donations of Academy members and friends.
More about the "Pottsie" Scholarship
This scholarship covers the tuition and lodging as well as up to $500 in travel expenses for first-year students at the NRPA Directors School conducted at Oglebay Resort and Conference Center in Wheeling, WV. The Directors School is a two-year program designed to prepare new and potential directors for the challenges of leading and managing effectively. Information on the school may be found on the NRPA website. Two scholarships are awarded annually.
Started in 2010 to honor the Academy’s former Executive Director, John C. Potts, the "Pottsie" as it is affectionately called, is intended to support young professionals who have demonstrated leadership and management potential within their organizations.
To apply for the Pottsie, applicants must email the following no later than June 1, 2017 to email@example.com:
(1) application form;
(2) letter of nomination from a Directors School graduate or an AAPRA member;
(3) resume (not to exceed three pages);
(4) essay describing how attending the NRPA Directors School will help you achieve your professional development goals; (12 point Arial font, not to exceed 500 words).;
If selected as a 2017 scholarship recipient, you agree to provide an evaluation report by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 24, 2017 to include:
• What you gained from participation in the Directors School;
• Your suggestions for improvement of the scholarship application process; and
• A short video (1 - 2 minutes) that will be shown at the AAPRA annual meeting to thank the Academy and share what you learned.